I had the gym all to myself this morning. While it was so nice to have Scott's undivided attention, I definitely missed the encouragement and drive I get from working out at the same time as my mom and sis-in-law. There's something about having someone witnessing my workouts that makes me push myself just a little bit harder. As I've said on here before, I'll take all the workout motivation and encouragement I can get.
Speaking of which, I have a new running partner as of this week. My friend Jenny ran with me on Tuesday morning and is running with me again tomorrow morning. If there is any activity that requires an extra dose of motivation for me to complete, it's without a doubt running. I cannot begin to tell you how ridiculously hard it is for me to pull myself out of bed at the crack of dawn just to run with me, myself and I. Torture. I'm kind of boring.
So needless to say I am ecstatic Jenny has started running with me. She was my mentor/kind of boss lady when I worked at my previous law firm, and she has grown to be one of my closest friends. Pretty much adore her.
Just as an update, I've made it to week 6 in the "0 to 5k" app. I guess it's time to start looking for a 5K to enter myself into!
1. Warm up
2. Turkish Get-Up Ladder with Windmill
- 15 lb kettle bell x 3
- 25 lb kettle bell x 2
- 35 lb kettle bell x 1
3. Bench Press Ladder
- Warm up: Bar x 5
- Warm up: 55lbs x 5
- Warm up: 75 lbs x 5
- 1st set: 85 lbs x 5
- 2nd set: 90 lbs x 5
- 3rd set: 95 lbs x 7 (goal was max reps, no more than 10)
- 4th set: 90 lbs x 5
- 5th set: 85 lbs x 10 (goal was max reps, no more than 10)
4. Circuit: 5 sets, less than a minute rest between sets
- Band push downs with Fat Grips x 12
- Chest Supported Row 25 lbs x 12
|Chest Supported Row|
5. Sledgehammer Hits: 100 total hits, 50 per side, as fast as possible (I finished in 4:58, although I'm pretty sure I actually did 120 hits in that time, but Scott confused me).
On a side note, as you can see, I finally figured out how to create GIFs and upload them on the blog today. Fair warning - this discovery could very well lead to an obnoxious amount of GIFs in my workout posts; they're just too much fun.