|Making it look easy|
We went to bed a little too late last night, so I was a little groggy leaving the house this morning and headed to the gym sans camera. Bad timing to be so forgetful on my part because my nephew, Jax, joined us at the gym this morning, and I really, really wanted to get some good pictures of his workout (please pardon the grainy iPhone shots). I was so impressed with him!
He started with sled drags; three trips of fifty yards with 50 lbs on the sled.
Afterwards, Scott put him through a circuit of reverse lunges, pushups, TRX rows and planks. Scott's goal was to try to show him some body weight movements that he can continue to do at home - no equipment necessary.
Jax completed three rounds of the circuit, with King never more than a few feet away. King adores Jax, who never fails to take him into the yard to fetch and tug when he visits our house (despite King's unfair size advantage and tendency to snarl like a rabbid animal whilst playing).
King was thrilled to see that his friend had come to play with him so early this morning.
|Reunited and it feels so good!|
After the workout, Jax completed one trip on the prowler. One trip was all he needed to realize what a beast that contraption is. You did great Jax!!
I also managed to get a workout in. It looked like this:
1. Warm up
2. Ab Circuit: 2 sets, less than a minute rest between sets
- Ab wheel x 10
- Modified reverse hyper extension x 10
- Leg raise with hip lift x 10
- Side bend 50 lbs x 10
3. Circuit: Alternating between bench press and chest supported row
- Bench Press
Warm up: Bar x 5
Warm up: 55 lbs x 5
Warm up: 65 lbs x 5
1st set: 75 lbs x 3
2nd set: 80 lbs x 3
3rd set: 85 lbs x 3
- Chest Supported Row: 20 lbs x 10 (between every bench press set)
4. Circuit: 5 sets, alternating between exercises, 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest
- TRX rows
- Resistance band push downs
- Push ups
- Curls 20 lbs
5. Prowler: 5 trips with high handles, 50 yards per trip, 20 lbs on the prowler
Just in case you wanted a close up of that face...
|I'm not rabbid, I'm happy!|