Thank the Good Lawd it's Friday! This week has been a hectic one at work - you know that 'ole "when it rains it pours" saying? Well this week I experienced a monsoon.
Luckily, I have weekend packed with some much needed QT with a few of my favorite people. Tonight I'm grabbing sushi with my cousin Jillian to celebrate her engagement (YAY!), tomorrow I'll be lounging on the beach with Lauren, one of my best friends and college (and law school) roommate, and her adorable kids, tomorrow night Scott and I are meeting a few of our favorite couples at Frank's Outback for dinner and cocktails, and Sunday will be dedicated to a few chores and recovering from a whirlwind weekend!
1. Warm up
2. Ab Circuit: 2 sets, less than a minute rest between sets
- Planks 60 second, lifting opposite arms and legs for 10 second spurts to increase intensity
- L sit ups x 12
- Hammer hits 8 lbs hammer x 12 per side
|Plank (modified to increase intensity)|
|L Sit-up (Using the glute ham allows you to increase range of motion)|
|L Sit-up (the "up" part)|
3. Dead lifts:
- Warm up: 95 lbs x 3, 3 sets
- Warm up: 115 lbs x 3, 2 sets
- 1st set: 135 lbs x 3
- 2nd set: 145 lbs x 3
- 3rd set: 155 lbs x 3
I admonished the photographer today for failing to capture good (i.e. I don't look like a troll) action shots of the dead lift. Apparently, my constructive criticism didn't work.
4. Circuit: Alternating between over head press and pull ups
- Over head Press
Warm up: Bar x 3
1st set: 50 lbs x 3
2nd set: 55 lbs x 3
3rd set: 60 lbs x 10 (PR!)
- Pull up with resistance band
Warm up - 2nd set x 3
3rd set: x 10
5. Prowler: 4 trips, 50 yards per trip, jogging
- 1st trip: no added weight
- 2nd trip: 10 lbs on prowler
- 3rd trip: 20 lbs on prowler
- 4th trip: 30 lbs on prowler
Hope you all have a fun and relaxing weekend!