As you may have noticed, I skipped the gym on Monday morning in honor of my birthday. In my humble opinion, nobody should have to get up at 5:00 am on their birthday.
|"I should never have to get up at 5:00 am. Period."|
The combination of my hiatus from the gym and the copious cheat meals over the combined birthday and holiday weekend (who can resist the solid Cadbury eggs in the candy shells??) left me dragging. However, I managed to force myself through my workout which looked like this:
- Kettlebell swings
2. Ab Circuit: 4 sets; 10 second rest between each exercise
- Hanging Leg Raise; 20 seconds (averaged about 7 reps)
- L sit-ups off Glute/Ham; 20 seconds (averaged about 8 reps)
- Back Raises; 20 seconds (average about 12 reps)
- Ab Wheel; 20 seconds (averaged about 4 reps)
3. Circuit: 4 sets; less than 1 minute rest between sets
- Split Squats 15 lbs. x 8 per leg
- Chest Supported Rows 20 lbs. x 12
|Chest Supported Row|
|Leg Raise with Hip Lift|
- Step ups 15 lbs. x 10 per leg
- Dumbbell Press 25 lbs. x 8
5. Kettle Bell swings 35 lbs. x 100 in 3 minutes 30 seconds.
|Kettle Bell Swings|
Despite my protest for reasons including the unreasonable hour, the effects of an hour long work out, and the lack of face paint, Mom was insistent on the two of us getting a picture with King.
|Still not able to breath|
|King looks thrilled|