Do you ever have one of those mornings where your significant other wakes up energized, refreshed, happy as a clam ready to take on the day; meanwhile, you feel like you fell asleep 20 minutes before the alarm went off with your dog's claws in your face?
Well this morning, for once, I was the clam. I came to at around 4:00 am feeling wide awake and ready to get going. I'm pretty certain Scott felt the opposite and wanted to throw the spatula at me as I bounced around the house getting ready for the gym. As my dad likes to say, the sun don't shine on the same dog's ass everyday!
|"I triple dog dare it not to shine on mine."|
- Kettlebell swings
2. Ab Circuit: 4 sets; 10 second rest between each exercise
- Leg lifts with hip raise; 20 seconds (averaged about 7reps)
- L sit-ups off Glute/Ham; 20 seconds (averaged about 10 reps)
- Back Raises; 20 seconds (average about 12 reps)
- Ab Wheel; 20 seconds (averaged about 4 reps)
- Side Bends; 20 second each side (averaged about 12 reps per side)
3. Circuit: AMRAP in 15 minutes (I completed four sets)
- Deadlift 135lbs. x 5
- Overhead Press 55 lbs. x 5
- Sand Bag Carry 80 lbs. across gym and back
- Band Assisted Pull-ups
- Steps-ups with 15 lbs. kettlebell
- L sit-ups with hands behind head (this makes a difference!)
|Step-up with Kettlebell|
1. This sunrise.
"Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death, And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again." Matthew 20:18-19