If you read last Friday's post, you know I suffer from the self-diagnosed (and completely made-up) Early Week Affective Disorder, meaning my mood and tolerance levels are generally less than stellar on a Monday, but gradually improve as the days progress towards the weekend. Something tells me a healthy majority of you feel my pain and suffer from the same crippling disorder.
But today I was given a brief reprieve. Today, I woke up to find that one of my pictures from Saturday's White Citrus Sangria post was published on Food Gawker! (Squeal) Needless to say, I was ecstatic. Food Gawker is known for being highly selective when it comes to the photos they select for their site (truth be told, I have had six pictures rejected), so their acceptance of my sangria shot was a major accomplishment for this newbie food blogger.
1. Squats: Work set weight is approximately 85% of my max
- Warm up: 45 lbs :(bar) x 10
- Warm up: 65 lbs x 10 reps
- Warm up: 85 lbs x 6 reps
- Warm up: 105 lbs x 6 reps
- Work sets: 120 lbs x 5 reps, 3 sets
2. Split Squat / Dumbbell Press Circuit: 3 sets alternating, less than a minute rest in between sets
- Dumbbell press 25 lbs x 15 reps
- Split squats (with one leg on bench) x 10 reps per leg
3. Row / Back Raise Circuit: 3 sets alternating, less than a minute rest in between sets
- Inverted Row x 20 reps
- Back Raise x 15 reps
4. Ab Circuit: Ladder (started with 1 rep of each movement and worked up to 5 reps of each)
- Sprinter Sit-ups
- Toe Touches
- Leg Raises
Meanwhile, Mom and Amber knocked out circuits of their own. It is only fair that I share a picture of them hard at work. It would be selfish of me to monopolize the spot light.
Last but not least, the token King shot. Like his momma, King's favorite part of the workout is the end. But in his case, its because he knows he will get treats from Mom before she leaves. It's their ritual. Treats before the workout, and treats when the work out is complete.
Sometimes I think the only reason she pulls herself out of bed at 5:00 a.m. is so she doesn't disappoint her grand pup. You think I am kidding.