Why, hello there Friday. You are looking might fine today.
Do you have big plans for the weekend? I wouldn’t say we have big plans, but we do have quite a bit going on. Most importantly...
mailing out our “Save the Dates”. If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that I may or may not have been jumping up and down when I saw that this package had arrived on Wednesday. I ordered the cards from A La Carte Paperie on Etsy, and they turned even more amazing than I expected. I am officially Etsy obsessed; especially when it comes to planning the wedding I wish would plan itself.
Don’t get me wrong, I love Scott to the moon and back times infinity plus 1,000 and I am anxious to be married to him (that’s what the jumping up and down is really all about), but I would have been just as happy to head to the court house or elope. Weddings just aren’t my thing, and planning a wedding sure as hell is not my thing. However, my mom, Scott’s mom, our grandmothers, and my sister-in-law (weddings are without a doubt her thing) would have been less than impressed with that “crazy” idea, so we found a happy medium – a small destination wedding in Asheville, NC in October. Of course I picked prime leaf season, so I need to get these babies out the door.
In addition, we have a wedding and a birthday celebration on Saturday night (double booked – eek), and Scott’s best friend is coming for dinner on Sunday night. Jam packed.
Enough with the wedding talk. Without further ado, today’s work out looked like this:
1. Warm up: Kettle bell Complex: Two 15 lb kettle bells; 2 sets
- Dead lifts x 8
- Over-head presses x 8
- Squats x 8
2. Dead lifts: 3 work sets, less than a minute rest between sets
- Warm up: 95 lbs x 5
- Warm up: 115 lbs x 5
- Warm up: 135 lbs x5
- Work set: 140 lbs x 5
3. Overhead Presses: 3 work sets, less than a minute rest between sets
- Warm up: 45 lbs x 5
- Work sets: 50 lbs x 5
4. Pull up / Glute Ham Raise Circuit: 3 work sets alternating, less than a minute rest between sets- Band Assisted Pull ups: 20 reps first set, 15 second set, 10 third set
- Glute Ham Raise: 20 reps first set, 15 second set, 10 third set
5. Ab Circuit: 2 work sets
- Leg Raise with Hip Lift x 20
- Ab Wheel x 10
- Windmill with 15 lb kettle bell x 10
- Prowler trips x 2
Just so you know, the ab wheel ranks right up there with the prowler as a modern day torture device. Put those two together in one circuit, and I am the least happiest of all campers.